Hi Friends.. Today i have come up with a colorful dish which is very popular in south India as a Breakfast recipe. This dish is made using rava (sooji). It fills up all your needs of calorie n also your taste buds.. :-) Now lets get into the recipe..!!
|2||Onions (sliced)||2 Nos|
|3||Tomato (chopped)||2 Nos|
|4||Tamarind Extract||1/2 Cup|
|5|| Chopped Vegetables |
(Carrot, Beans, Potato)
|6||Chopped Chillies||2 Nos|
|7||Turmeric Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
For Seasoning :
|1||Mustard Seeds||1 teaspoon|
|2|| Bengal gram |
|3||Urad dal||1/2 teaspoon|
|4||Cashew nuts||As required|
1) Dry Roast the Rava in a pan till it turns slight brown in color. Keep it aside.
2) Heat a pan, add oil & little ghee. Add the above seasoning ingredients one by one.
3) Roast in in medium flame.
4) Add the chopped onions & chillies. Fry well.
5) Once the onion becomes translucent, add all the vegetables & fry well for 7-8 minutes.
6) Now add the chopped tomatoes, salt & turmeric powder. Fry well till the tomatoes get smashed.
7) Now add the tamarind extract & mix well for 2-3 minutes till it blends with the vegetables.
8) Add the water & let it boil.
9) Now add the roasted rava, little at a time & keep on mixing it simultaneously, without letting to form lumps
10) Minimize the flame & close the pan with a tight lid. Let it cook for about 8-10 minutes.
11) Switch off the stove & mix it well. Serve hot with coconut chutney.