Thursday 28 February 2013

Caramel Bread Pudding

Dear Friends..
Today I'm gonna share a delicious dessert recipe with you all. I always enjoy to try new recipes using bread. I came across this "Caramel Bread Pudding" in net and it attracted me so much. So without any delay, I just decided to try this recipe and it came out so well. The taste was awesome. It was so soft n it just melted in our mouths.. :-) Oh God, I cant even describe this wonderful taste n my happiness after successfully making this pudding. Unbelievable outcome and effortless making.. :-p
Without further delay, lets just get into the recipe now..!!

Ingredients :

    1     Bread Slices     8
    2     Milk     1 cup
    3         Sugar     1/2 cup + 2tbsp    
    4     Vanilla Essence         1 tsp

Preparation :

1) Take the bread slices and cut it into small pieces. Put it in a bowl.
2) Crush the bread into a fine powder using your hands.
3) Now add the 1/2 cup of milk and sugar.
4) Mash it well using a spoon or a masher. Then add essence and mix well. Keep it aside.
5) Take a flat bottomed bowl and keep it aside.
6) Now caramelize the sugar by heating a  pan with 2 tbsp of sugar and 2 tsp of water.
7) When the sugar turns into a dark brown color syrup, pour it in the flat bottomed vessel and spread it well in the base of the vessel. Keep it aside for 2-3 minutes, for the syrup to set.
8) Now pour this bread mixture into the bowl. Cover this mixture with a aluminum foil. Poke small holes at the top, for the steam to escape. (I used butter paper since i didn't had aluminum foil. I placed it on top of the bowl and tied around the bowl using a thick thread).
9) Steam cook this in a cooker for 25-30 minutes. Then cool it down for atleast an hour.
10) Then refrigerate this for minimum 3 hours and transfer to a plate. Cut it into your desired shapes.

I tried to make a heart shape on top of my pudding, using milkmaid. But it turned out to be like an apple.. :-p
But the taste was really awesome. This recipe is tried and tested in my kitchen. So you can surely give it a try and enjoy this yummy dessert along with your family. :-) Take Care.. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your Comments & Suggestions Below. . .